Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why Change?



"People change when they hurt enough that they have to, learn enough that they want to, or receive enough that they are able to" says one of my favorite authors John Maxwell.

Being overweight hurts, your body, your joints, your muscles and often your feelings.

I've read practically every diet book on the market, I've attended meetings, I've talked to others who have lost weight.  I understand how the concept works, eat less + move more = weight lost.  

"Receive enough that they're able to."  Meaning enough love, encouragement, information, inspiration.  I think I've got it.  Great family, amazing and supportive husband.  I know you ultimately have to be ready to lose weight for yourself and I do want that for myself, but honestly I want it so I can be a positive and healthy example for my kids...and so I can keep up with them. Having kids a little later in life means needing this body to last and function a little longer.

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you....So glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20   I'm ready to rely on HIS strength to make this happen. 

 I'm ready to work, I'm ready to sacrifice, I'm ready to change.  How about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment