Monday, December 3, 2012

Thankful for the little things!

This hasn't been the greatest week or two for weight loss (other than what I lost with the FLU!), but I have a lot to be thankful for and I'm really starting to notice some great little changes!

The Towel - we had gone to a resort over Thanksgiving week.  After a shower I had wrapped up in the hotel towel and was getting ready.  Then it hit me...I wrapped myself up in the hotel towel!  And it fit around my body!!!  Without parts playing peek-a-boo!  Woooo hooo!  Average hotel towels are usually 27 x 52", which didn't used to fit all the way around me.  But now, piece of cake!  Oh wait, I don't eat cake, well you get the idea! 

Tall Boots - It's been ages since I've been able to wear a pair of tall boots.  It's usually not worth the battle that pursues to get them over my "sturdy" calves.  I've even tried the "wide calf" boots in the past, but guess what, my calves were WIDER.  Not any more, I ordered a regular pair of brown leather tall boots and they look great.  Still a little tight, but after one wearing they adjusted nicely.

Weight really creeps up on you and you tend to forget what kind of things you have adjust or go without in your life because of your extra size.  As I'm losing weight and inches, I'm losing some baggage as well.  I'm appreciating the little things like towels and boots that fit the new me.  Especially enjoying shopping in the "regular" section of the clothing store!

Best wishes on your journey to health!

No comments:

Post a Comment